Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hai. I m still alive!!!

Hello everybody,
I know it has been a long time since my last post. Though today is the last day of the school holidays,I try my best to write something.

I spent my CNY holidays in Langkawi. I enjoyed the beach and the duty free shopping. Not forgetting the seafood. I will upload the photos when i a little less busy.

Life for me this year is a bit hectic. i applied for study leave again this year to continue my Phd. This time I have to find the money to foot the tuition fees. I have yet to know if I am being called for an interview. Struggling to write a proposal is gruesome enough though for the study leave I need to write a summary of 1000 words. I m in the midst of preparing the proposal for my university application. That is an audious task as I have to juggle my time between school work and my own studies. In addition to that the course I apply for at the Phd. level is program evaluation, a paper I did at the master's level though not my core.

There are people asking me why I want a "Permanent Head Damage". Well, my answer is since I m half way to the peak, why not continue the climb. I m very grateful that I have friends and colleagues who have always supported me in my study. I think I can't better friends like Kuok Ai, Zing Zing, Ivy and not forgetting Patricia. I also cannot discount Halezza who has always motivated me in times of despair. These are the people who believe in my ability when at times I doubt myself...

Just before the holidays, I attended the IAB interview in Kuching. It was another gruelling moment for me even though this is my second time. This time around, I had to do micro teaching in front of the interviewer. I m lucky that my stint as a tutor at OUM and lately the Sibu Nursing College helped me. Maybe what is lacking in me is the management skills and experience.

Therefore, as you can see I have been quite occupied with a lot of things. At the present moment I am still struggling to mark the test papers. There are times I feel nauseating...but what can I do? The level of English in schools nowadays is like that.

Just when the holidays were about to begin, my dear friend, Patricia was down with Denggi Fever. It was a shock to everyone of us but luckily she is much better now after being discharged last Monday. Coming to think about it, how devastating a mosquito can be to us, human beings...

Before I end, I would like to congratulate Hafizah Kifree, Gladys Francis and Norsilah Ismail for completing their Masters' Degree. I also wish Jarnice Ling and Malalini the best in their Master's journey.

I would like to pray also for Halezza and her unborn baby, that all will be fine, for Kuok Ai that she may be successful in getting the study leave. Kuok Ai, you should learn never to surrender even things are difficult. It is the challenges ahead that makes us a better person.

I would also like to congratulate Ruhaya Hassan who has finally got her Phd. She has always encourage me and I look up to her as my role model. Congrats Dr. Ruhaya...

Finally, I wish Pat would fully recovered from that irritating mosquito bite...

Adios!!!

Adeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rejang River...

Rejang River...

Convo 2009

Convo 2009
After the convo ceremony at 6.10pm

Right after convo ceremony...

Right after convo ceremony...

me in my Master's academic dress!!!

me in my Master's academic dress!!!

With the new dean, Prof Dr. Saedah Siraj

With the new dean, Prof Dr. Saedah Siraj
She is so motherly...

With Dr. Sharir Jamaluddin

With Dr. Sharir Jamaluddin
My supervisor...

With Dr. Loh Sau Cheong

With Dr. Loh Sau Cheong
my research lecturer...

With Pn. Foziah...

With Pn. Foziah...
My former lecturer...

Bryan Chong Lai En

Bryan Chong Lai En
Born in the year of a rat, bite the apple like a rat!!!

Sophie and Bryan Chong...

Sophie and Bryan Chong...
At least they can share a bike...

My niece Sophie Chong

My niece Sophie Chong

Sophie Chong

Sophie Chong
A future archealogist...

My nephew Bryan Chong

My nephew Bryan Chong

Bryan at 6 months...

Bryan at 6 months...

Bryan Chong

Bryan Chong
Isn't he cute?