Monday, April 9, 2012

2012...

Hello everybody...
Happy Easter to all my Christian friends...This year has been ultimately crazy after a tumultuous year before. In October 2011, I was involved in a self accident in the early hours of the morning while I was on my way to work. The repair cost about RM5,100.00. I claimed my insurance and there are repercussions. I lost my 55% NCD. So this year I paid about RM1,100.00 for my insurance.

Last year, I saw myself being elected as the Secretary of the school's PIBG. This also means more work for me. I do not mind working being a workaholic but what I dislike most is the fact that there are a lot of politics in work. There are many kinds of ethical and non ethical politics. Some do not like to follow procedures, some are forgetful of the actions that they had made while some never walk the talk...

As the secretary of the PIBG, I see the PIBG as a golden hill being robbed of its finances. I do not mind my colleagues asking for financial help from PIBG if the School cannot use its fund. However, I think there should be guidelines in the application for funds.Luckily, The YDP is a knowledgeable person

Due to its depleting funds, now the PIBG has to organize a jogerthon to increase its fund...when it comes to work, everybody is complaining...

This 25th April 2012, one of my senior colleagues is retiring. Initially I was to get bid from the PIBG for a medal pendant, however the parents did not want to spend too much for a teacher's retirement but on the the general masses of students. So the retirement gift goes from a gold pendent to a pewter plate...In addition, to ensure that the whole function goes smoothly, I volunteer to see the whole management of it, from souvenir buying , the cake and the catering...Now it seems that everything is dumped to me when initially the boss asked me why am I doing everything when it should be the Staff Committee. However, she gave me a SEGERA MEMO last week to get ready two frames for the Appreciation Certificates by the Director and the school.

In addition, I am to bring a team of students for the Puisi dan Lagu competition on the 17 April 2012. This also means I have to supervise their practice sessions and more time in school. In addition, this year also saw my school as the organizer for the Debat Pra U taking place on 12 April 012. Boy! am I glad that I get a breather these Easter holidays...

I am also glad that we are having a holiday on Monday and Wednesday...so that I can catch up on my paper work...

So, I wonder when do I have time for my own personal project... This is an expression of time...

Catch up later...
Adeline

2 comments:

  1. It's really sad to hear that the people around you are having the indifferent attitude towards the retirement of their senior colleague. I think most of them especially the Staff Committee don't realize that each and every of them have the responsibility to plan and prepare for the retirement ceremony. My advice is: Stop doing others works, so that you won't be fed up with all of the stupid things and the most important is you can have more time for yourself. May God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said but it is easier said than done...

    ReplyDelete

Rejang River...

Rejang River...

Convo 2009

Convo 2009
After the convo ceremony at 6.10pm

Right after convo ceremony...

Right after convo ceremony...

me in my Master's academic dress!!!

me in my Master's academic dress!!!

With the new dean, Prof Dr. Saedah Siraj

With the new dean, Prof Dr. Saedah Siraj
She is so motherly...

With Dr. Sharir Jamaluddin

With Dr. Sharir Jamaluddin
My supervisor...

With Dr. Loh Sau Cheong

With Dr. Loh Sau Cheong
my research lecturer...

With Pn. Foziah...

With Pn. Foziah...
My former lecturer...

Bryan Chong Lai En

Bryan Chong Lai En
Born in the year of a rat, bite the apple like a rat!!!

Sophie and Bryan Chong...

Sophie and Bryan Chong...
At least they can share a bike...

My niece Sophie Chong

My niece Sophie Chong

Sophie Chong

Sophie Chong
A future archealogist...

My nephew Bryan Chong

My nephew Bryan Chong

Bryan at 6 months...

Bryan at 6 months...

Bryan Chong

Bryan Chong
Isn't he cute?