Tuesday, August 18, 2009

School exams...

Holidays are coming and students have to endure the school exams before they can enjoy the holidays...For teachers, it is a time to mark the test papers and to sit for their PTK. In my opinion, I think primary school teachers really get to enjoy their holidays as compared to secondary school teachers as their marking are less tedious as compared to the secondary school counterparts.

Hence, when is the chance for teachers to take a breather? End of the year? I don't think so. Some teachers are also marking for the exam syndicate. There are teachers who are willing to sacrifice their holidays for the sake of knowing the marking scheme and there would be others who are forced to do it as they are considered as experienced markers...

No wonder many teachers in school are now so sick and depressed for they are consistantly overburdened with unnecessary paperwork. Reflecting on yester years, I still remember that we can still achieved excellence despite not having to do so much paper work. Now the following questions arise:
(a) by having all the paper work, does it spell achievement or improvement?
(b) is paper work all that important or is the teaching and learning process that transpired in the classroom more important?
(c) sometimes we plan our lessons very well, but does it mean we are able to achieve satisfaction in our teaching?
(d) do we need to modify our plans to suit the changing situation in the classroom?

Think and ponder...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rejang River...

Rejang River...

Convo 2009

Convo 2009
After the convo ceremony at 6.10pm

Right after convo ceremony...

Right after convo ceremony...

me in my Master's academic dress!!!

me in my Master's academic dress!!!

With the new dean, Prof Dr. Saedah Siraj

With the new dean, Prof Dr. Saedah Siraj
She is so motherly...

With Dr. Sharir Jamaluddin

With Dr. Sharir Jamaluddin
My supervisor...

With Dr. Loh Sau Cheong

With Dr. Loh Sau Cheong
my research lecturer...

With Pn. Foziah...

With Pn. Foziah...
My former lecturer...

Bryan Chong Lai En

Bryan Chong Lai En
Born in the year of a rat, bite the apple like a rat!!!

Sophie and Bryan Chong...

Sophie and Bryan Chong...
At least they can share a bike...

My niece Sophie Chong

My niece Sophie Chong

Sophie Chong

Sophie Chong
A future archealogist...

My nephew Bryan Chong

My nephew Bryan Chong

Bryan at 6 months...

Bryan at 6 months...

Bryan Chong

Bryan Chong
Isn't he cute?