Thursday, February 26, 2009

The value of the ringgit!!!

Nowadays, the value of our currency is small. When I was 5 years old. you can buy a lot of titbits with 5 cents. Now what can you get for 5 cents? When irefelct back to the time when I was 5, I remember my grandmother who used to but sweets for me. Going to school at that time with a pocket money of 10 cents was a norm.

Yesterday was pay day. I am sure our salaries to to our loans, credit card payments, insurance etc. With the rising cost of food, we really feel the pinch. I went to the school canteen the other day and I learned that on an average the students spent RM2.00 for food perday. So the increase was 200%. This is Sibu. What about students in KL? I bet they even spend more!

Thank God the season of Lent has started. I think most Catholics will use the season to pray and fast for forty days and abstain from meat. Fasting in the Catholic faith is different from the Muslim. Catholics are required to forgo the things that they love most during the Lentern season. For example, eating half of the portion of what you normally eat, forgoing the best movie and most important is to pray. I remember that when I was younger, I used to get angry quickly on a Friday because my family abstain from meat on every Friday. The reason being the fact that when we eat only vegetables, we tend to feel hungry faster. But now, I am quite ok since I have to take care of my diet after a recent surgical procedure.

Today, I am a little bit under the weather since it is raining heavily now. I am a little allegic to the change in environmental climate and I tend to cough, which somehow has become my signature!!!

To all my friends who are still doing their Masters : Halezza, Malalini and Vasuki, all the best to you all. Enjoy the research work. The labour is hard but the fruits are definitely sweet!!!

To Foziah, thank you for your encouragement, your advice and your care and concern. I would like to say "Jia Yew" to you on your journey to become DR. Foziah!!!

1 comment:

Rejang River...

Rejang River...

Convo 2009

Convo 2009
After the convo ceremony at 6.10pm

Right after convo ceremony...

Right after convo ceremony...

me in my Master's academic dress!!!

me in my Master's academic dress!!!

With the new dean, Prof Dr. Saedah Siraj

With the new dean, Prof Dr. Saedah Siraj
She is so motherly...

With Dr. Sharir Jamaluddin

With Dr. Sharir Jamaluddin
My supervisor...

With Dr. Loh Sau Cheong

With Dr. Loh Sau Cheong
my research lecturer...

With Pn. Foziah...

With Pn. Foziah...
My former lecturer...

Bryan Chong Lai En

Bryan Chong Lai En
Born in the year of a rat, bite the apple like a rat!!!

Sophie and Bryan Chong...

Sophie and Bryan Chong...
At least they can share a bike...

My niece Sophie Chong

My niece Sophie Chong

Sophie Chong

Sophie Chong
A future archealogist...

My nephew Bryan Chong

My nephew Bryan Chong

Bryan at 6 months...

Bryan at 6 months...

Bryan Chong

Bryan Chong
Isn't he cute?